Dita Parker

Monday, September 23, 2019

Summer moved on

Temperature: a crispy but sunny 10/50 degrees

Eating: a cheese and onion omelette.

Drinking: less and less of the proofed stuff, actually. Less has become more. Which is just as well.

Watching: Spent two hours in the soothing company of good friends and the good people of Downton Abbey just the other night! Now youngest son wants to go see Ad Astra. Why do I feel it won’t be as gentle on me?

Listening: to new music from Keane.

Reading: Saw the trailer so gobbled up Where’d You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple over the weekend. Which most likely ruined the movie. But the trailer kinda ruined the book; I kept seeing Cate Blanchett, you see. But, hello, it’s Cate Blanchett, so why am I complaining? Excellent book for friends of the epistolary form. Or just good clean fun writing.

Writing: Yup. Wondering why? So am I.

Thinking: It’s fall equinox today, isn’t it? How I wish the UN Climate Summit could find a balance, come to an understanding, have the wisdom and wherewithal to do something, anything to accelerate a change for the better.

No comments: