Dita Parker

Friday, April 30, 2021

Diggi-loo diggi-ley

Temperature: Another cool May Day on the horizon, but with restrictions still in place there’s no chance of a friends & family picnic so... Oh, well.

Eating: Churros de doce de leite with…

Drinking: …May Day mead my husband made. Gostoso!

Watching: Shadow and Bone. Not quite as enamored with it as I thought I would be. Missing the movies, as in the big screen experience.

Listening: It was comforting to hear that not everything has changed; Eurovision still sounds like Eurovision! I listened to the recap without looking at the videos, and I think I spotted Lady Gaga, Ellie Goulding, Elton John, Sia, and something dating back to 1984. Go see if you agree!

Reading: Stuart Turton back-to-back. Yes, I’m probably the only person in the book-reading world who hasn’t read The Seven Deaths, but we’ve gone through this already; when you read in more than one language, well, so many books and only one lifetime is your conundrum. I heard it’s being adapted for television. Can’t wait to see how they’ll pull that off!

Thinking: Is it my turn to get the vaccine yet, please?! No, they’re still doing the 50+ age bracket. Us forty-somethings will just have to wait our turn.

Feeling: Haven’t been this excited about getting a vaccine since… I’ve never been this excited about getting a vaccine.

No comments: