Dita Parker

Thursday, September 24, 2020

Last night I dreamt of some Pedro*

If yesterday was a say what kind of day, today is say again in the form of misheard lyrics, or (I learned a new word today:) mondegreens. Feel free to add your favorite.

Save a whale, save a whale, save a whale
= Sail away, sail away, sail away
Orinoco Flow by Enya


Ma, ma, ma, ma, ma, ma, ma, ma, poke her face
= My, my, my, my, my, my, my, my poker face
Poker Face by lady Gaga


She’s so popular
= Jeux sans frontiers
Games Without Frontiers by Peter Gabriel


Annie are you walking, are you walking, are you walking, Annie
= Annie are you ok, are you ok, are you ok, Annie
Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson


Welcome to the land of flaming sex
= Welcome to the land of fame excess
Party In The USA by Miley Cyrus

Here we are now, and we’re heinous
= Here we are now, entertain us
Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana


Bin full of Usher on the fortifier
= Brimful of Asha on the 45
Brimful Of Asha by Cornershop


I miss the rains down in Africa
= I bless the rains down in Africa
Africa by Toto


Everybody run, Barbie’s got a gun
= Everybody run, Bobby’s got a gun
Creep by Stone Temple Pilots    

We built this city on the wrong damn road
= We built this city on rock ‘n’ roll
We Built This City by Jefferson Starship

 

*hint: a song by Madonna

No comments: