Dita Parker

Friday, May 7, 2010

Even-steven

I just saw something awful

Could we take this logic all the way and not pay for anything anymore? We could share. More for everyone! Everything for everyone!! For free!!! Who's in? Are you in? Aren't you excited? We're gonna have so much fun...

Now, open the door to your home, your car, your business. Give me your credit cards and let me use your bank accounts. If there's something you have I happen to like, I'm taking it. I have some vintage clothing you might like, and in the spirit of sharing, you don't even have to say pretty please, you just take what you want and flaunt it.

Are we having fun yet? Aren't you looking forward to finishing that project you've worked so hard on for weeks, months, years, and handing it over to me? I'll make coffee. We'll celebrate. We'll go see Green Day and U2, Guns N' Roses and Iron Maiden, AC/DC and Muse. They're all coming to town this summer, isn't it exciting? We don't even have to pay to listen to them!

Aren't they making shitloads of money playing stadiums, because if so, that is plain wrong. They should be sharing, giving us some of that dough. What does it matter we haven't sweated a second for it? We're entitled to it! I don't know how or why, but I bet I can think of something, just give me a minute. And give me some of your cash. Give it to me. Give me all of it so I don't run out any time soon. We're sharing, having innocent fun, so don't start giving me crap about stealing from you because we had a deal.

If you're not in, if you're bailing out, if you don't think I have a right, step away from my car, get out of my house, and stop fucking me over. Those concert lights must have blinded you to the fact that at the other end of those deals are artists who've worked their way up there, fair and square. Created something, a product comparable to anything else on the market. 

If their paycheck has more zeroes than yours, I guess that means they've arrived and you're still on your way. If your rebellion, your attempt to cash in on their success, your idea of fair is not paying for their product, let's go back to the start and play a little game called sharing. That is your logic, so put your money where your mouth is.

Now, open the door to your home, your car, your business. Give me your credit cards and let me use your bank accounts. Those boots would look great with a certain coat of mine. Off with them.

No comments: