Dita Parker

Friday, August 30, 2024

Et la fête continue !

Temperature: a sunny 25/77 degrees with thundershowers on the way.

Eating: sopa de frijoles.

Drinking: iced tea.

Listening: to Harris & Walz gives me hope.

Watching: the Paralympics! We have a retired Paralympian in the family, so this is just as important as the Games we just had.

Reading: What You Are Looking For Is in the Library by Michiko Aoyama.

Writing: to apologize, but I really did not feel like complaining or explaining. (See below.)

Thinking: where have I been these past six months? Attending to troubling things. Attending to tiresome things. And my godfather died. My uncle. My aunt’s first husband (father of my cousins). Soon, her second as well (the sweetest of men). I've been feeling quite depleted of any extra speech.

Feeling: It’s not all bad, though, of course not. Life goes on, and it will burst into pink bloom in December when the boys get to welcome one more cousin into the family. A girl, we hear, and her mom being a girly girl of great feminine flair (and enviable energy), everything is coming up rosy and roses. We’ll see if the newcomer agrees with the palette. Babies, aww, can’t wait! 💗

No comments: