Dita Parker

Wednesday, November 16, 2022

God rest thee mellow gentleman

Temperature: a sunny 14/57 degrees on Saturday. Which is alarmingly warm for November but nothing out of the new ordinary. A bit colder now, but it has never been this warm this late in the year.

Eating: Veggie cabbage rolls. The stench! The taste!!

Drinking: afternoon coffee. Which I’ve kind of given up. But today calls for afternoon coffee and lots of it.

Listening: to an audiobook, even though I don’t usually do audiobooks. But when you admire someone’s work enough you go the extra mile. Is it any good? Stupendous. You clever, clever thing. Person, I mean.

Watching: If you ever find yourself in the vicinity of either the movie My Sailor, My Love or the World Wide Dance triple bill (Akram Khan, Fei Bo, and Justin Peck; unless that was a one-off, come to think of it) go see them, go!

Reading: Leafing through Nigella Christmas. Oh come on, you know me. Or ought to, sweetie darlings.

Thinking: Imagine if we’d taken the Kyoto Protocol seriously in 1997. Imagine if we’d taken Putin seriously in 2008.

Feeling: for my husband and his late mother’s side of the family; his uncle has died of pancreatic cancer.

No comments: