Dita Parker

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

California dreaming

I'm in love! In love with a house. A house right up my alley. Well, not my geographical alley; my architectural slash decor alley. (I would add some color here and there, though. But that's just me.)

I've rooted for Reese Witherspoon since the 90's, so of course I watched Home Again. And was caught up in not the plot or characters but every minutia of that eponymous home. Can I marry that house? Is it for sale? Not that I could afford it. Can you? It's my birthday on Thursday. Just saying. Come on, a girl can dream, right? Besides, I sincerely doubt I'd enjoy living in L.A. Perhaps they could dismantle and reassemble the house someplace else? No? Damn.

I guess I'll have to settle for the island house in The Thomas Crown Affair (1999). I wouldn't know what to do with a castle, I have no interest in palaces or mansions. Give me that summer house and I’ll write happily ever after. A heck of a trek to the beach, but we'll chalk it up to daily exercise.

No comments: