Dita Parker

Monday, January 17, 2011

Sentimental journey


Sorry, I'm not in. I'm island hopping, mango chopping, moqueqa popping, flip-flopping, shoe shopping, gostoso spotting and all around daily grind dropping in Salvador, Bahia, Brazil.

I'll have cried like a baby as we landed and I'll cry like an even bigger baby when it's time to leave, I'm sure. If they do manage to get me back on that plane, I'll be back in February. See you then, dearest, dearest, denizens!

No, that's not a picture of me. That baby turtle was born in Porto de Galinhas, Pernambuco, in January 2008. The tiny hatchlings made their way into the Atlantic with a gathering of uncharacteristically quiet homines sapientes looking on. Only one in a thousand make it back to the beach of their birth, but those that do, land in that very same sand. So maybe it is a pic of yours truly madly deeply. I may not have been born in Brazil, but right now, I'm feeling like one happy turtle, back where my life began. Ü

Sob o sol da liberdade
Liberdade em que se dança
Sob o sol da liberdade
Ainda sou criança...

No comments: