Dita Parker

Monday, June 28, 2010

Girl, interrupted

Temperature: 23 degrees Celsius

Eating: mango sorbet

Drinking: iced tea

Watching: bumblebees returning from work

Reading: The Adventures of Sally by P. G. Wodehouse

Writing: or trying to write A Desire for Life (WT), a paranormal erotic romance that started out with a (fictional) sighting of a woman at a party and the thought that came with it/her that nothing takes the life out of a girl like two hundred years of living, and no, there is absolutely not a single vampire in that story and never will be, so could I have a moment's peace, please, and make that iced tea the Long Island variety, thank you.

Listening: or trying not to listen to Brett Anderson wail Animal Nitrate in my head. I have no idea where that came from but whatever he's trying to say, it's not coming through.

Feeling: like Invisible Woman since I'm still not doing Facebook or Twitter and therefore do not actually exist as an author and never will and whose fault is that but mine and if I want to come in from the cold I know what to do now don't I but in between all the eating and drinking and reading and writing and listening and observing and look at the time a mere hour until Brazil hits the pitch again and I still haven't exercised today I will freely admit that my fellow wordsmiths are better women and men or at least eminently more organized and efficient and business savvy than yours truly madly deeply so welcome to The Adventures of Invisible Woman because everyone loves saying that I hate to say that I told you so but I told you so.

No comments: